Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Desperate Housewives theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    D-Bo
    Participant

Here it is:

http://portfolio.iu.edu/dbohanno/Music/Desperate_Housewives_-_Theme.mp3

Oh, and those click sounds at the beginning is that of a pair of hedgeclippers.

Danny Burton
    Participant

Damn, you are fast!

Thanks a lot!

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Thanks, I also thought the opening was quite unique for network television.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Whoa, I forgot that it was on tonight! What’s the full opening title actually like? I don’t plan on watching, but how is that show anyway?

And D-Bo, you are the man. Sounds to me like they didn’t grant him a full orchestra. Thanks for getting it online so fast!

SleepyHello
    Participant

jeez. everything sounds like spider-man now.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Heh, it seems like none of us have anything to do past midnight.

Yeah, nowadays everything sounds like Spider-Man, but that’s because the Spidey score covered nearly all of Danny’s styles. That’s why it’s my favorite score of his. I also forgot to mention in my post 15 minutes ago that I think that there should have been some heavy chorus about 6 seconds into the mp3 track. It really would have sounded so much cooler.

OK, tired now. This is Spider-Fan, signing off.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

Sounds like it took him 2 hours to do.

It kinda reminds me of Danny’s Flubber Score. Am i crazy or what?

FFC

Anonymous

Thanks for the mp3, D-Bo :)

It sounds big fishy to me, speeded-up, and then sounds like the first spider-man

Spider-Fan
    Participant

No, you’re not crazy. I also think it sounds like the Flubber score. I still think this one needed a stronger chorus.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Is it me or the theme is not performed by an orchestra but by Protools ?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I agree, although I’d say closer to an hour. It’s cool, but not nearly as cool as the Simpsons or the Tales from the Crypt theme.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

It does sound like a real string section spiced up with samples which is a common way to do when the budget does not allow a big orchestra (as pointed out before).

Anyway, Elfman uses Digital Perfomer for MIDI, sample triggering and stuff . ProTools is used for recording, audio arranging/editing and mixing. It’s MIDI features are a pain in the arse and are hardly used by anyone in the business. So no, it does not “perform”.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

jeez. everything sounds like spider-man now.

Spider-Man isn’t really the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the Desperate Housewives theme. It sounds more like Flubber.

I agree, although I’d say closer to an hour. It’s cool, but not nearly as cool as the Simpsons or the Tales from the Crypt theme.

Elfman didn’t exactly have the same great material to work with.

Apples and Oranges, I say.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.