Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman Back with Raimi for ‘Oz’?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Samples are on iTunes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ddddeeee Wrote:

> Samples are on iTunes.

I do not find samples. :(

ddddeeee
    Participant

Must not be for all countries then.

The score sounds exactly how all of you are expecting. The Wizard’s theme is cool and gets a big performance in the main titles, the theme for the Wicked Witch is nice if familiar for Elfman.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

So nice of Danny Elfman to quote “O Canada” in the main titles for OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL. My fandom has paid off :)

0:09 in the first iTunes clip — on the UK store — c’mon you lazy Americans ;)

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/oz-great-powerful-original/id604848331

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Wow, you’re right. There’s no WAY that wasn’t intentional. Is Elfman having a laugh?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

No idea. Maybe he’s referencing RV Williams’ THE 49TH PARALLEL, which also did the same thing? ;)

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

NR: Beyond the incredible visual effects, story, and performances, you have music. Danny Elfman’s score fuses so perfectly with the imagery you’ve created – what was it like working with him on this project?

SR: Well, working with Danny was one of my favorite parts of the picture, working with a great composer like Danny Elfman because you work with a team of artists, creating the world, the look of it, and the cinematographer and the actors on bringing emotion to it, but really it’s only once the music goes on does it all seem like a complete thing. The music takes emotions that are in the scene and elevates them to higher levels. You think it’s one of the guys telling the story—”Oh, this is great. It’s working better.” It’s so exciting to be a part of that process. So I think, on this one, working with the composer Danny Elfman was my favorite part.

http://www.buzzinefilm.com/interviews/film-interview-mila-kunis-michelle-williams-rachel-weisz-danny-elfman-sam-raimi-oz-the-great-and-powerful-02212013

Lambegue
    Participant

The samples are really great…

But once again, no cd release is indicated, only digital…

Natrebo
    Participant

What are you talking about… “no cd release”? It’s already been anounced that Intrada is releasing the CD.

Lambegue
    Participant

Oh, yes indeed. Sorry, that was because only the digital download was available for pre-order on amazon, and some other places. I forgot about this Intrada thing.

Natrebo
    Participant

That’s understandable… but I guess that, just like with the Avengers Score (also release by Intrada), Amazon will carry it but it will be the same “flat” price of $19.99, and with Intrada’s deal with Disney I guess we will at least see physical releases for any big Disney film (but be prepared to pay $19.99) – Intrada after all finially released “Up” as well as “Toy Story 3” on CD.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    lonzoe
    Participant

It’s nice to see Elfman happy and motivated to work with Raimi again. It gets me even more excited to hear this score. I always believed those two made a great collaboration/duo.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Raimi’s been gushing about Elfman non-stop. I just watched a press conference and Raimi starting praising him to no end on a completely unrelated topic. Maybe Elfman will score the horror movie he’s currently writing with his brother?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many elfman’s music in this video. And scoring session with Danny in the end of clip.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=74897

I’m thrilled that Elfman and Raimi ended their feud. I hope the score is awesome!

ddddeeee
    Participant

Big interview

http://americanfilm.afi.com/issue/2013/3/cover-story

A chunk of the score is now on Youtube. ‘The Preparation Montage’ is all kinds of awesome.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I’ve been listening to the soundtrack tonight. It’s pretty great. I love the main titles. About half-way through, it turns into a marvelous off-kilter calliope waltz that reminds me of some of the Burton MoMA music. This works really well on it’s own and I’m a bit more curious to see the film itself after listening.

The Witch’s Waltz Theme is one of the best Elfman compositions in a long while and it’s featured throughout the score.

Lambegue
    Participant

I just finished the listening, and I agree : it’s great. Not the most original score by Elfman, it’s quite what we expected from this project, but it’s really, really well done. The themes are powerful and sensitives, and as usual Elfman knows how to play with them with a lot of gift and musical intelligence.
    A major score, with a great album presentation (as much as I love Hitchcock, I think the album is really to short, with cues of such a reduced lenght that it is sometimes hard to catch a musical or thematic continuity…) : a pleasant listening experience, and I think I will love it more and more at each new hearing.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

If you download Disney’s OZ app there’s plenty of continous Elfman score playing in the background.

The score is excellent ;)

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s early days yet, but I think I like this even more than Alice. Which would make it may favourite Elfman score in I don’t know how many years.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Is it just me or did anyone else have the tune “Can`t Help Falling In Love With You” by Elvis running through your head after listening to the score?

DannyBiker
    Participant

I think it’s just you…

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.