Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Fable’ on CD early ’05

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Good news!

Sumthing Else Music Works (headed by film composer/producer Nile Rodgers, and the label which also released the HALO 2 soundtrack album) will release the original soundtrack from the game FABLE with Danny Elfman’s main title and game score by Russell Shaw. The release date is not yet known, but it is reportedly early ’05 (most likely February).

Ryan

Its about f***ing time too!!! YEAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Ok my excitement has mellowed now.

FFC

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Now I need a Carnegie Hall cd announcement.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Yes, absolutely…!

Realistically, Ryan, what are the chances of seeing the concert piece on CD in the near future?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’m not sure to be honest. I’ve considered going to the concert, but to hear it only once would drive me mad… And if it did come out on CD, the effort to get to NYC only to be able to hear it on CD layer… Would drive me mad!

Ryan

BATMAN
    Participant

come to NYC ryan…you know you should. If it doesn’t come out on CD, then you will have missed it, and that would drive you mad. I mean this could be a one time only time performance. I’m not advocating bootlegs, so this is it.
    And the sad part for me is I just moved to NYC from Boston, and had I been there, I’m not sure I would have made the trip down to hear it.

Anonymous

It would be a great addition to Music for a Darkened Theatre vol. 3, along with the Fable Theme; that’s if we ever see a volume three.

Anonymous

Fable Soundtrack to be released Feb. 15, 2005.

Anonymous

hey man you CAN’T compare live orchestra to a CD mix. no one will ever capture the sound and atmosphere of watchiong and listening to live performers! go along and support the man and the musicians!! i would…if i wasnt a poor student from ireland!

Anonymous

and then use the CD to bring back the memories and listen to the piece more in depth!

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Here are the details:

Fable Theme by Danny Elfman and Music by Russell Shaw
    Fable: Original Game Soundtrack
    Release Date: 02/15/05
    Label: Sumthing Else Music Works
    Genre: Soundtracks (Gaming)

Track Listings:

1 Fable Theme
    2 Oakvale
    3 Darkwood
    4 Witchwood
    5 Lychfield Cemetary
    6 Summer Fields
    7 Bowerstone
    8 Arena
    9 Temple Of Light
    10 Hobbes Cave
    11 Greatwood
    12 Guild
    13 Fresco Dome

You can pre-order it here:

hAS ANYONE BOUGHT THE CD YET?

FFC

boingomusic
    Participant

Yes. I bouht it. It’s fantastic. The composer uses Elfman’s theme all along, with very intresting variations. He respects elfman’s style, and the result is fantastic.
    I’m sure people who love elfman will love the whole cd, because it’s exactly in the mood we all love.

Eric

BATMAN
    Participant

I bought it yesterday…I guess I’m branching out in my interests because it felt sort of weird buying video game music..but it’s actually quite good.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.