Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Favorite Finales: Top 5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

As we anxiously await Danny’s two upcoming films, each of which contain songs written and performed by him, it’s time to keep ourselves busy with some Elfman history talk. It’s been a while since we had a thread about the best Danny has presented to us at the end of the films he’s scored. I’ll begin the newest list, and we can all update our favorites over here. I think Danny has many incredible finales, so make a list of your top 5 favorites. Mine are:

1. Spider-Man
    2. Men in Black
    3. Sleepy Hollow
    4. Edward Scissorhands
    5. Batman

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I agree with your picks, but would submit these for your approval:

Dick Tracy (Elfman’s pure gold era – big and bold)
    Flubber (Pretty much all the themes – including the mambo – wrap things up)
    Mars Attacks! (the hope of Tom Jones rebuilding society!)
    The Family Man (second only to Edward in wrenching tears)

Darkman, Mission: Impossible, A Simple Plan… Hell, ALL of them!

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Oh, Batman by a mile.

Good Will Hunting, Men in Black, A Simple Plan, Planet of the Apes and Big Fish are also honorable mentions.

JS
    Participant

1. Batman Forever
    2. Batman Returns
    3. Batman
    4. Spider-Man 2
    5. Van Helsing
    6. 101 Dalmatians
    7. The Nightmare Before Christmas
    8. Edward Scissorhands
    9. Family Man
    10. Sleepy Hollow

boingomusic
    Participant

Batman Forever???

Oh my god… Run, RUN NOW, before you get killed by the entire board!!!!

ooshmaster
    Participant

Luckily, I decided not to read JS’s post, so I have no reason to snipe him from three-hundred yards away. So….

Edward Scissorhands
    Batman + Batman Returns (tie)
    Spider-Man 2
    Men in Black
    Mission Impossible

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

JS is definitely one of the most stupid posters here on this board.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

He’s a troll. He’s been here before.

… I think.

Is this referring to the “finale” or the end credits? I shall play safe, then, and vote for Sommersby, because the beginning of the end credits coincides with the finale. At the tear-jerking end of the film the credits begin very suddenly and the main theme virtually screams at you. What a way to go!

Blunt

BTW, I was never all that struck by Batterdammurung. Not nearly as exciting or entertaining as most of the previous cues the score had to offer. If JS is merely being ignorant, I can’t say much for his/her music appreciation either…

ooshmaster
    Participant

Yeah, he was here last year, asking about Batman Forever and the orchestras used for Danny’s music.

JS
    Participant

Oh shut up! Why are you people so evil, what have i done? i think most of you is pimpled monsters. Only Ryan is kind person, but you, i hate you!!!
    Posted by Ryan:
    Please do not post subjects that are designed to piss people off, or constanly spam the board promoting yourself
    But you do that, you are very, very evil-minded and disgusting people. You dont have friends and i know, because nobody wonts to talk with you. People must be generous, kind, intelligent, but no! i think you just beastful, rude, jealous, antikind, unkind!

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

That post just made my day.

Aki
    Participant

i love the black beauty credits !!!!! it’s so greaaat ! and the nightmare before christmas of course…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I don’t think “Batterdammerung” is a finale cue anyways. It actually plays as Batman defeats both The Riddler AND Two-Face at once! What a super-star! There is then a short cue for Two-Face’s fist closing on his coin and I believe another for the romantic aftermath between Chase and Bruce and then a reprise of the main Batman Forever theme as a rubber-eared Batman and Robin charge towards the camera, seemingly infront of the Bat Signal, which supposedly is bolted to a roof somewhere, insinuating that Bat and Robin are about to run right over the edge of the roof…

What a piece of shit!

Ryan

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Concerning JS, some of you need to lighten up.

JS
    Participant

Thats Right! Only you can change your life!

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

Jeez, guys, you really are too much.

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

TenderLumpling Wrote:

> some of you need to lighten up.

Yeah, well, that’s not the first time I’ve been told that on that board. Won’t be the last.

Kane0rz
    Participant

Red Dragon
    Sleepy Hollow
    Batman Returns
    Spider-man
    The Nightmare Before Christmas

I dont know why im bothering really every single end titles/credits finale he’s every written has been awe enspiring

ta ta

Kane

JS
    Participant

Hey Kane! remember me? Its me Elliot from Cerulean

SleepyHello
    Participant

Um….this may be a little late, but here’s mine:

1. Men in Black 2
    2. Edward Scissorhands
    3. Batman
    4. Spider-Man
    5. Mission: Impossible

Oh yeah, and JS didn’t just put Batman Forever (which is sacreligious), he also put 101 Dalmations and Van Helsing.

There is nobody that is that dumb. He’s a troll. No doubt.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

You liked the MIB2 finale over the first MIB? If that’s your opinion, I won’t strip you of your right to have it, but the finale to the first Men in Black completely blows me away every time I hear it. You all know how much I love the Spidey score, and the MIB finale came in a close second on my top 5 list to Spidey. I’m always reminded of its Oscar caliber when it takes this turn at around 2:41 on the track where the brass, vocals and chiming bells all come together to form this playful, heroic section that leaves me in awe every time I hear it.

I really went off on my own thing there, but I listened to that finale over and over on my mp3 player while riding a tour bus through the Italian countryside on a school trip next to a girl with whom I had just re-established a relationship in a way you mostly see in movies. Listening to the finale back home reminds me of that amazing time. Bring on the laughter if you wish, but dammit I am happy!

JS
    Participant

To Dummy SleepyHello:
    OMG, Hey SleepyHello are you idiot or moron! Iv put Batmann Forever 1st! You blind as a bat. So shut up little troll and go to the hell. If’ i’ll i find you, i will kill you! Beware. People like destroy our planet! Ligten up!

Nin_Cherry
    Participant

No. People like YOU destroy our planet. :)

JS
    Participant

Oh Yeah! Why? You dont know me? So you cant judge me? Only God!
    Why are you so evil? ninety-nine out of a hundred of fans of Elfman, are evil people, so your place in Hell. lol
    If you want we can fight, and i’ll kill you. You like, Big fat ladies, you can only judge people, pigs! Poor Danny, he have so many unpleasent fans. Poor, poor danny!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.