Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Raimi and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

You guys…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

🙂

ddddeeee
    Participant

I liked Giacchino’s score for the first (and I’m very hot/cold) on him, and I LOVE Christopher Young, but I’m really going to need Elfman on this…

He could reuse his ‘twins’ theme from AoU for Wanda.

DannyBiker
    Participant

As I said on FSM’s board, Elfman is on the starting blocks for a Raimi collaboration. So if Raimi gets the job and Elfman is available, it’s probably going to happen.

I mostly lost touch with Giacchino in the last decade after his fantastic 2000-2010 years but I will get the first film’s score a listen as it was mostly praised. You can count on Elfman to not include anything from his work however, I’m pretty sure.

ddddeeee
    Participant

He has the percussion concerto premiering next March, but I suppose he could get that written this year (assuming he has no other movies lined up).

ddddeeee
    Participant

Giacchino has said he is scoring five movies next year.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Raimi basically confirmed that he is directing this. Fingers crossed for Elfman to jump on board too.

https://www.thewrap.com/sam-raimi-casually-confirms-hes-directing-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness/

ddddeeee
    Participant

Delayed until March 2022 now.

Can’t imagine they’ve been able to lock down a composer with all these release date changes.

Happy for Raimi to have a lot more time on the movie though.

Giacchino’s score for Doctor Strange was rehashed from his Star Trek films. If Elfman can bring something fresh to the table that would be great.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I don’t have Facebook, so I can’t verify this, but apparently Lorne Balfe has been dropping hints that he’s scoring this.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I just did a quick check and am not seeing anything in his posts other than pimping HIS DARK MATERIALS.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I must know!

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman just replied to someone on Twitter, saying that he spotted the movie with Raimi last week

Thought 65 was going to be written first as he mentioned his next score being half electronic and half orchestral – I hope he’s still scoring that movie

Thor
    Participant

Elfman just replied to someone on Twitter, saying that he spotted the movie with Raimi last week
    Thought 65 was going to be written first as he mentioned his next score being half electronic and half orchestral – I hope he’s still scoring that movie

Me too! That sounds 1000 times more interesting than yet another superhero/blockbuster affair.

ddddeeee
    Participant

In a Variety interview published on June 11th, Elfman said that he was working on 65 ‘right now’

Maybe he’s still working on it, but had to have the scoring session with Raimi last week because of his schedule (reshoots are apparently happening soon)

lonzoe
    Participant

Elfman just replied to someone on Twitter, saying that he spotted the movie with Raimi last week Thought 65 was going to be written first as he mentioned his next score being half electronic and half orchestral – I hope he’s still scoring that movie

Me too! That sounds 1000 times more interesting than yet another superhero/blockbuster affair.

Jokes aside. Both projects have my interest.

lonzoe
    Participant

Jokes aside. Both projects have my interest.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman’s posts on social media about working with Raimi again are really popular

People just LOVE their Spider-Man films/scores now, and it makes me so happy

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman says he’s half way through scoring this (and 65).

Sounds like he’s working on both simultaneously.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Delayed until May 6th and Benedict Cumberbatch said there are reshoots planned for November and December….

ddddeeee
    Participant

6 weeks of reshoots.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/doctor-strange-multiverse-madness-reshoots-1235045328/

65 hasn’t recorded, this looks like it won’t be recorded for some time and the percussion concerto is still scheduled for March 2022 (tickets are on sale). Something’s gonna have to give, right?

ddddeeee
    Participant

ddddeeee
    Participant

Recording in London

Elfman and Bartek scoring new Doctor Strange

#DoctorStrangeInTheMultiverseOfMadness #MarvelNews #SamRaimi #SteveBartek @NoahScotSnyder @MarvelStudios https://t.co/jitAGty9MM

Thor
    Participant

Yeah, I saw it on his Facebook. I wonder if it’s just the same ol’ collaboration of Elfman composing and Bartek orchestrating or if it’s another NOVOCAINE situation with shared composer credits.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.