skip to Main Content

Forums Forums General Discussion Raimi and Doctor Strange

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

You guys…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

🙂

ddddeeee
    Participant

I liked Giacchino’s score for the first (and I’m very hot/cold) on him, and I LOVE Christopher Young, but I’m really going to need Elfman on this…

He could reuse his ‘twins’ theme from AoU for Wanda.

DannyBiker
    Participant

As I said on FSM’s board, Elfman is on the starting blocks for a Raimi collaboration. So if Raimi gets the job and Elfman is available, it’s probably going to happen.

I mostly lost touch with Giacchino in the last decade after his fantastic 2000-2010 years but I will get the first film’s score a listen as it was mostly praised. You can count on Elfman to not include anything from his work however, I’m pretty sure.

ddddeeee
    Participant

He has the percussion concerto premiering next March, but I suppose he could get that written this year (assuming he has no other movies lined up).

ddddeeee
    Participant

Giacchino has said he is scoring five movies next year.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Raimi basically confirmed that he is directing this. Fingers crossed for Elfman to jump on board too.

https://www.thewrap.com/sam-raimi-casually-confirms-hes-directing-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness/

ddddeeee
    Participant

Delayed until March 2022 now.

Can’t imagine they’ve been able to lock down a composer with all these release date changes.

Happy for Raimi to have a lot more time on the movie though.

Giacchino’s score for Doctor Strange was rehashed from his Star Trek films. If Elfman can bring something fresh to the table that would be great.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.