Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Raimi and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Thanks for the playlist Ryan.
    I wonder if we’re ever going to get some details regarding the additional composers on this one.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Just Chris Bacon credited in the end credits.

Elfman also wrote the music for the ‘Ice-Cream Song’ that Wanda’s kids sing in the movie. Really cute, lovely moment.

ddddeeee
    Participant

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’ve seen the film twice now and the score is a lot better in the film. There are references to other themes missing from the album, as well as the pivotal ‘WandaVision’ cue which has that theme transition into Elfman’s. It’s maybe the most impactful cue in the film. The motif in ‘Tribunal’ is a recurring Illuminati theme, too.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Score will be available to download on May 20th along with three extra ‘spoiler’ cues.

DannyBiker
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

I wish Strange’s theme were a bit more memorable, but this really is a brilliant score. The action music is incredible and it’s all so thematically dense. I really, really love it, and it’s absolutely dynamite in context.

DannyBiker
    Participant

What is Strange theme actually ? I haven’t seen the film (and don’t really plan to) and while I identified a few of them, I have no idea to who/what they relate to.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Strange’s theme plays most prominently at the end of Gargantos. It’s rhe first theme you hear in ‘Multiverse of Madness’ . A softer version plays in ‘Are You Happy’ and ‘Farewell’ as an almost love theme. A snappier, darker, Wolfman-like version of it opens the main titles and plays frequently in ‘Getting Through’. It’s very similar to Wanda’s theme, which makes sense since both characters are trying to hide from their problems most of the movie.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I like that theme, actually. Sure, it’s not highly original or very elaborate but I do feel like it’s a perfect fit for what I envision the character is about. But I don’t know much about it…it just has that “magician” feel.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I really, really love the mix in the film. It’s so present. I know the movie is stupidly high profile, but there’s a reason the music is really getting noticed – you can hear it!

Hopeful we don’t have to wait another nine years for the next Raimi/Elfman collaboration.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Now available on Disney+ today!

sajrocks
    Participant

57-minute reduction post spoiler tracks release, mostly chronological and including “a cup of tea”, curiously absent from ryan’s highlights playlist though i would argue it is a career best piece of cinematic writing. 😀

i listen to this at least once daily.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

🙂 I can’t explain why “A Cup of Tea” wasn’t in my playlist, other than I wanted all of the big, chunky, and LOUD cues and keep it under 50 mins (aiming for MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE perfection.) I don’t think there’s been a day since the release of the soundtrack that I haven’t listened to at least part of it. I’ll give your playlist a go.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Danny is mentioned several times in the commentary.

Incidentally, Chris Bacon is also mentioned by the producer with regard to the ‘Lethal Symphonies’ scene. They go out of their way to praise Elfman for the scene, but then credit Bacon. So who knows how that went down.

ddddeeee
    Participant

^Actually, there’s a brief cue before ‘Lethal Symphonies’ called ‘Strange Vs Strange’ that Bacon has a credit on, which might explain that comment. ‘Lethal Symphonies’ is all Elfman.

I rewatched the movie on blu-ray and really had a blast with most of it. There’s a big statement of Strange’s theme that’s unfortunately microedited out of ‘On the Run’. It’s probably the most overt statement of the theme after ‘Gargantos’ and it’s a shame it wasn’t included. There’s also two pretty significant ‘love’ cues and a big action cue that I think the album would’ve been nice to have.

I think the score comes across much, much better in the film. The sequencing of the album is very odd.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’ve been listening to this—AGAIN— but this time in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music… and there are different mixes in this version. For example, I can say that “Only Way” on Apple Music is missing the choir from 1:57 on. Strange! Wonder how many other minor differences there are…

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Won the Saturn Award. Not sure if he attended as a few of the awards weren’t broadcast.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This is cool.

ddddeeee
    Participant

“Main Titles” from ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ has earned a nomination at the #GRAMMYs for Best Arrangement, Instrumental, or A Cappella! 🎵

Congratulations, @DannyElfman! https://t.co/D5k9j0xQhI

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.