Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Saw Elfman today…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I was a guest at today’s recording session for Michael Giacchino’s LOST television score at O’Henry Studios in Los Angeles. During a 10 minute break I went outside to make a phone call… Finish the phone call and look up and there is Danny Elfman walking past me.

I did not say a thing.

I was frozen. Like it wasn’t real.

But it was.

I don’t regret not saying anything to him. It keeps the mystery alive.

Ryan

Danny Burton
    Participant

But as we all know that he comes regularly in here and read all this and…;) Oh well.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

You should have yelled, “I loved your work on Terminator 3!”

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Dude, you’re the webmaster of his #1 fansite and forum! You should have SAID SOMETHING!!!! AAAAH! That makes me sick. :)

I probably would have done the same, however.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Very true. Still, AMAZING! It’s really weird when someone very famous is right next to you, but the person that you have an entire website and fanbase devoted to…I can’t imagine what that was like. You are so lucky! Does he have a powerful presence? Plus, what’s he doing in America? I thought he was in London recording “Charlie” and “Corpse Bride.” Mmm, even more mystery!

Scoring won’t take place until a month or two before release of the film, so he might be here spending time with his family and doing all of his writing in his studio.

I WONDER IF HE WILL DEDICATE THE CHARLIE SCORE TO HIS NEW SON LIKE HE DID FOR HIS DAUGHTERS IN BLACK BEAUTY!!!!!

FFC

admin
    Participant

that’s… amazing. i would probably have the same reaction. very cool.

Danny Burton
    Participant

How tall is he? Does he look buff?

I have this weird thing were I wonder how tall some celebrities are and if I could kick their ass.

LittleMaestro
    Participant

Mr Elfman is a man huge in talent, but small in stature

Aki
    Participant

Woooooa you are so lucky !! It was for a TV show ? How was he ? He looks nice or not really ? I’ve a stupid question but…is he tall or small ?
    Oh why I can’t live in USA !!! I wish see him in paris one day …

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I live in the USA and I never see him.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I could have seen him perform live with Oingo Boingo in ’94, but sadly, I wasn’t introduced to Boingo until another three years.

Huckleberry_molly
    Participant

Dang, that’s so cool. I am so glad I have not met him, though, because I probably would have started crying or something. Whenever I daydream about meeting him, I always see myself as that one girl that came out on the Michael Jackson documentary. Even before he hugged her, she was all sobbing and dying, and when he left, she just sat by her car and cried even more. So yeah, I am pretty sure I would embarrass him. He’s still cool, though.

Katie
    Participant

Ha ha . . . :-)

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Though not quite up to par with seeing Danny Elfman, I jus found out that I’m going to have the chance to meet Sean Astin next month. Not relevant, but very cool nonetheless. Check out his book, “There and Back Again,” it’s really interesting.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Check out his book, “There and Back Again,” it’s really interesting.

Hey, I thought Bilbo Baggins wrote that?

admin
    Participant

lol! in lord of the rings, bilbo wrote it, but in real life sean astin did… heh. or were you just being funny? if so, that’s cool. XD

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Yeah, it is Bilbo Baggins’s book, but it’s the title Sean Astin used to describe his acting life. The full title is “There and Back Again: An Actor’s Tale.” I actually had wanted to read it and was fortunate enough to get assigned to a biography book in my English class. In the end, I made a totally kick-ass 4-minute Family Guy movie where two of the characters review the book. I’ll try to give it to Mr. Astin and hope he’ll watch it…Oh, how incredibly off-topic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I saw Oingo Boingo because of my older brothers, for the first time at Great America theme park in California, which was about 20miles from my house. If you know the place, back around the late 80’s, Oingo Boingo played there about once a year as did many bands. I was about 13 at the time, and it was very exciting.

LittleMaestro
    Participant

If you are talking about Magic Mountain, then yes it was awesome. Not only did they play there all the time, but they would play two shows a night. Not really sure how Danny could do that. The last time I remember them playing was 1984. Ah those were the days. But, I digress….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nope not Magic Mountain, that’s in the Los Angeles area, I am talking about the same time period, in the Bay area though – 1984 sounds about the right time though, Great America theme park in San Jose. And yeah, the Oingo Boingo shows were awesome, my brother was really into Oingo Boingo which is how I got into em at about 12 years old. I just remember he had a record by them and the cover was really weird.

I was working at a music store incidentally when Dark at the End of the Tunnel was released and I fell in love with the album.

Nightowl60
    Participant

Congratulations to Danny and Bridget on their little boy!! When did she have it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

wow thread hijacking, you do realize your post is way off topic of this particular thread… just consider starting a new thread if you’re going to make a b-line to a totally different topic.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.