Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Sony Classical Releasing 'Eleven-Eleven' and Piano Quartet

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

March 22nd. Too excited.

lonzoe
    Participant

Nice, but is it digital only or will there be a pressed CD also?

DannyBiker
    Participant

CD in Europe from my research. I could preorder it from a local webstore that does not do digital.

Great news and right at the same time as Dumbo; quite the feast after several light months…

digarflo
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Amazon link. CD!

DannyBiker
    Participant

Also available a bit cheaper on Amazon.de for the rest of Europe… 😉

lonzoe
    Participant

Well Amazon US has the album listed as well, however they haven’t revealed the price yet. And at the moment the release date is slated for April 5 instead of late March. Looking forward to it regardless, but since this is being released by Sony Classical hopefully it’ll be a pressed CD instead of a CD-R.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Amazon in the United States now has it available for preorder: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MCDXXJD:

ddddeeee
    Participant

‘Fantasma’ is now available to buy if you can’t wait…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Or start a 30 days Amazon Prime trial if you can.

Edit : and it’s also available on most streaming platforms.

boingomusic
    Participant

Fantasma is on Youtube, and seems to be and official post from Sony and Mauceri. So, I guess I can post it here :

ddddeeee
    Participant

sajrocks
    Participant

now up on spotify u.s. whole. new. level. the quartet is BEYOND.

ddddeeee
    Participant

My CD arrived today.

Listened to it three times. Each time I listened to a movement I thought, “No, this one’s my favourite.”

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

This work just reinforces my notion that Elfman is, indeed, God.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Good thing Dumbo is only a few days away because I’ve done nothing but listen to this for the last few days, and I’ll probably overplay it soon.

I wasn’t sure about the ‘One concert work per year’ thing as it seemed like ruling oneself out of work for 1/4 of the year was a very bad career movie, but now I’m all for it.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I mean, seeing the current state of film music in Hollywood, Elfman just doesn’t belong anymore. I also wasn’t sure about his career shift but indeed, I’ll be happy with smaller film projects and concert work for the last part of his musical journey.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I read Elfman’s already lined up commissions for a cello concerto AND a percussion concerto.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yup, I hope it’s for the Paris week-end…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I wonder what (if anything) came from that very odd-sounding orchestral work he said he was working with after Dumbo.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    boingomusic
    Participant

Why do I feel like we’re gonna get some chamber ensemble playing & Danny singing new versions of Oingo Boingo classics?!?

In that awkward interview we watched a few weeks ago, he said something about revisiting his songs, but not in a band… and then said he couldn’t say more. And now he speaks about a semi-secret project involving his voice and a chamber orchestra… coincidence ???

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

He made it seem like it was new material and not Boingo related. Maybe a new solo rock album with chamber orchestra? That would be sweet! I’m drooling at the possibility of an Elfman cello concerto.

Thor
    Participant

Unlike DUMBO, this album I quite like. I was not as ‘wowed’ by the violin concerto on album, as I was when I saw the Youtube video of the performance, but plenty to decipher and devour here. The piano quartet is also very good; Elfman’s most ‘contemporary classical’ work (far more than “Serenada Schizophrana” ever was).

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Holy shit, “IV. Giacoso. Lacrimae” from 7:50 to 9:03 blew my mind.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.