Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Sony Classical Releasing 'Eleven-Eleven' and Piano Quartet

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    sajrocks
    Participant

my jaw has been perpetually dropped this past week every time i get to the lacrimae section of the 4th movement. it’s something beyond sublime.

did everyone see the LA Times profile on the disc? lots of good quotes from elfman and sandy cameron on the reason for this concerto’s being:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/la-et-cm-danny-elfman-20190328-story.html

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

New 37 minute audio interview with Danny on CBC’s Q:

“From The Simpsons to the eccentric realm of Tim Burton to the superhero universe of Spiderman and Avengers, composer Danny Elfman has been responsible for bringing fictional worlds to life with music for decades. Now he’s taking on a new challenge: his first violin concerto.”

https://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/q/segment/15683585

9fingeredElf
    Participant
    Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I’ve noticed his social media pages have been more active recently. I wonder if someone is managing them, or if he’s doing all this himself?

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yes, he has a proper Facebook and Instagram page indeed, it’s nice. I doubt he’s behind it actively, probably just validates the content on occasion but who knows.

If he needs an official website, we can just link him this place… 😛

DannyBiker
    Participant

So many people wanting an Oingo Boingo reunion in these Facebook comments lol. However, I think they could make an easy buck with a remaster of the Boingo albums, in a boxset for instance. Their discography is not even well represented on streaming services…

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I would be ecstatic if they just released the last Boingo album with the unreleased studio tracks (Vultures, Water).

ddddeeee
    Participant

Just booked tickets for the ‘Elfman Gala’ in Glasgow. It’s the UK premiere of the violin concerto.

lonzoe
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

You can just feel the condescension…. I wish I could’ve seen the interviewer’s face when he said ‘commission slut’ haha.

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.