Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion ‘Wanted’ – The Film

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Mild spoilers!

Saw WANTED tonight and loved it! Funny, fast and insane (Timur). “The Little Things” plays three times — once in a different mix in the film at a very pivotal moment, a short instrumental snippet, and again during the end credits. Elfman’s score is great, though I did notice it’s laid out different than the CD, and there’s a few cues that are really great that are missing, particularly the Viper chase and when Wesley “falls” (you’ll know what I mean if you see the movie).

PS – check out the dead assassin’s ringtone on the rooftop — it’s the score’s main theme!

Lucius
    Participant

Such a fun movie. I had such a great time watching the AMAZING action scenes and Elfman’s score worked sooo well. The ‘Rats’ track was used amazingly. I’m surprised no one is talking about it. What’s up guys, what do you think?

Lucius

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

I don’t know, I haven’t seen it yet … But I’m really looking forward to seeing “Dark Knight”. It’ll be so interesting to see Ledger play as the joker! Anyone else excited to see the new batman movie!? I wonder how the score sounds! ;)

elfmanguy
    Participant

Wow, people really seem to be avoiding this thread. I saw it, thought it was a lot of fun and I love the main titles.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Mr.Dantz, could you be more specific ?

:)

Danny Burton
    Participant

elfmanguy, is “Success Montage” used in the Main Titles?

I LOVE “Rats”, one of Elfman’s best action cues ever!

D-Bo
    Participant

I saw the movie last Friday and the word that came to mind was “wild,” but in a good way. While several things in the film are completely improbable, I personally don’t find it difficult to just let go and have fun with it. After hearing all of Elfman’s scores so far for this year (‘Hellboy II’ included), I think this one is probably my favorite of his in 2008. I love the thematic material he brings to the film, although I think Wesley’s theme (the main theme in Success Montage), which I really dig, is underused. The “Fox’s Decision” cue, which happens toward the end of the film, is absolutely spine-tingling in about the last minute. It’s a gorgeous finale, the likes of which I haven’t heard from Elfman in a while. After seeing the film, though, I had to go into my iTunes library and re-order the tracks from the CD to reflect the film, ’cause I’m kind of anal about that. Here’s how I ordered them, but someone tell me if I’m wrong about any of them.

Wesley’s Office Life
    Fraternity Suite
    The Little Things
    Success Montage
    Welcome to the Fraternity
    Exterminator Beat
    Fox’s Story
    Fox in Control
    The Train
    Breaking the Code
    The Scheme
    Rats
    Revenge
    Fox’s Decision
    Fate

Actually, I didn’t really know what to do with “Exterminator Beat” ’cause I didn’t remember hearing it in the film.

EDIT: Also, notice how nicely “Fate” leads into Elfman’s previous 2008 score ‘Standard Operating Procedure,’ quite especially the “Story of the Ants” cue. Try it.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

“Exterminator Beat” is definitely in the film, but it’s permanently lodged on the tip of mind and I can’t quite say where.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Nobody mentioned the “Additional Music” credit given to Deborah Lurie and some other guy I don’t remember the name. I was quite surprised by this as I found that the cd was pretty representative of the music in the film (for once). Does someone have more informations on this ?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I haven’t seen the film yet but “Rats” is certainly a great action cue. In fact, the whole soundtrack is great! This is the score I’ve been waiting a while to hear.

Torque
    Participant

yeah… ost is very nice
    by the way in the russian version of ‘Wanted’ Elfman in titles sings in russian language
    this was a surprise

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I thought the film was very fun and enjoyable, and the score was fantastic within its context. I saw it at a cheap theater intended for an elderly audience, and an old couple got up and started dancing during the end credits appearance of “The Little Things” saying they liked the song! I really liked a guitar-played section of the score during a climactic action scene towards the end along with a bunch of other cues not placed on the album.

boingomusic
    Participant

Just saw the movie.
    The music is amazingly used.
    To answer Danny Burton’s question : No, Success Montage isn’t played during the titles. A short version of the FATE theme is played during the logos. There are no Main Titles. I LOOOVED the way “The little things” is incorporated in that scene in the movie. The mix is different, there are some orchestral parts added to it (playing the main notes of the FATE THEME) during the guitar riff.

I was just a little bit disappointed by the way some tracks were edited in the movie. Success Montage, Fraternity Suite, Fox’s Story and Fate, ALL appear in shorter versions in the movie.

The END TITLES were a perfect selection of all the movie’s best themes, including : The Little Things, Success Montage and Fate!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.