Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion OSCARS SUCK BALLS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Well Corpse Bride didnt win, they call themselves the academy of Arts yet the ignore and/or overlook Tim Burton’s Artistic aproach to film.

FFC

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Is the music that plays during the acceptance speeches pissing anyone else off? Anyway, at least Danny’s voice was heard by the whole crowd.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Hmmm. What’s this music you speak of?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Sorry, double-posted. Please delete, Ryan. But anyway…the Oscars suck.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

HOLY SHIT! Gustavo “You’ve never heard of me and shouldn’t ever hear of me” Santaolalla actually WON?! TRAVESTY!!!

Danny Burton
    Participant

Laughable.

What a joke.

Maybe Danny’s next score should be two guitar strums playing over and over again if he wants to win one of these awards.

::eyesrollingoutoftheirsockets::

Spider-Fan
    Participant

My updates:

“It’s Hard Out Here for a Pimp”: complete joke. Those guys accepting their award: ridiculous. A sure sign of where the Oscars have headed in recent years. I think Jon Stewart agrees with me, what with all the 36 Mafia jokes.

Did anyone catch Danny’s “Men in Black” played as Will Smith walked out to present Best Foreign Language Film? Pretty neat! That’s two appearances so far for Danny’s music!

Dawg Man
    Participant

The only thing that surprises me is John Williams, who got two noms, being beaten out by the gay cowboy movie composer. This honestly is the year for the Brokeback movie, damn the other material.

By the way, It’s weird to see Elfman get snubbed so “It’s hard to be a pimp” can win. What… the… hell.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Wow. Looks like i’ll reverse the sentiment that Brokeback is the big winner. CRASH just kicked it’s ass as best picture.

Danny_Trejo
    Participant

Why are you even piss off?

D. Elfman wasn’t even nominated, and yes GUstavo Santaolalla music is great, and yes i’m a huge fan of Danny Elfman

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The BROKEBACK theme heard in “The Wings” is a complete rip-off of James Horner’s APOLLO 13.

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I was rooting for Munich. Williams’s score was so beautiful, and his rendition of “Hatikvah” was so moving to me. From the portions I’ve heard from “Brokeback,” it was a very uninteresting score with absolutely no depth to it at all. Compare it to last year’s “Finding Neverland” score, which was entirely worthy of the award. This year, Williams and Marianelli were the only ones to write traditional scores; not to be against newer sounds, but there was really nothing going on with the “Brokeback” and “Constant Gardener” scores. I would have sooner voted “Batman Begins” into the nominations list than either of those.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

“It’s Hard out Here for a Pimp” is a classic! This shit will be listened to 300 years from now, and the artists will be grouped together with the likes of Beethoven and Mozart. These guys are geniuses to be sure.

Danny Burton
    Participant

What a manipulative, heavy-handed film that Crash was.

The worst Oscar winner since The Greatest Show on Earth.

What a trainwreck this show was. At least Jon Stewart was funny.

chocothrax
    Participant

Jon Stewart is my hero.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Ah, Brokeback Mountain — Inarguably, the best score of 2005! — Quite a triumph, considering that it has no chromatic, melodic or emotional competency.

So, kudos to the Academy: You’ve sent a strong message to the film score world: “we don’t care about our credibility.”

D. Elfman wasn’t even nominated, and yes GUstavo Santaolalla music is great…

In Amores perros?

The BROKEBACK theme heard in “The Wings” is a complete rip-off of James Horner’s APOLLO 13.

Yes, and luckily for Gustavo Santaolalla, the Academy hadn’t the foggiest.

I was rooting for Munich. Williams’s score was so beautiful, and his rendition of “Hatikvah” was so moving to me.

Mmm, without a doubt. And jugging from that performance, Munich knocked the stuffing out of the competition. The Munich theme, like a Nutter Butter, is richly-satisfying. Just lovely.

RCox
    Participant

Corpse Bride may have lost, but Wallace and Grommit is also a very good film. If you haven’t seen it, do so, along with all of their shorts.

beth
    Participant

The Wallace and Grommit shorts *are* good and fun and interesting, as shorts, but at full length, they were no where near the caliber of Corpse Bride.

I stopped watching the oscars the year after Titanic swept.

Monsterhead
    Participant

As much as I loved CORPSE BRIDE, after just 15 minuted into WALLACE AND GROMMIT – I knew they’d win the Oscar. Ans with all due respect, W&G was a better animated movie.

But yes, yes, yes……The Oscars blew.

And note to Lauren Bacall – SHOW UP FOR REHEARSALS NEXT TIME!

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Too bad for Corpse Bride but I’m not pissed off : it was either Burton & Johnson or either Miyazaki or Park. It was, for once, a very coherent and talended nomination list. As for Danny, I think he’ll never get the recognition he deserves.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Ans with all due respect, W&G was a better animated movie.

Wait. It was a better animated movie in terms of actual animation, or in terms of quality of the film itself?

sojuske
    Participant

I was upset about the score… I also thought that Munich should have won. If only because, it was a moving score. I throughly enjoyed it, it brought about emotion. If not munich well then Memoirs. Just… Any score but brokeback really… but no.

And Wallace and Gromit.. I knew they were going to get it but, I think Burton deserved it more. I really enjoyed corpse bride, the animation, how fluid it was, and the story. Wallace and Gromit, for the first time, I got bored during Wallace and Gromit in that movie. It just wasn’t as good as their shorts. At least not in my opinion.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Corpse Bride didn’t blow my socks off to say the least, so I’m not sour about it. I’m sour over the fact that a piece of SHIT excuse for noise got an oscar where Danny Elfman should have triumphed (or at least should have been nominated for at least ONE).

sojuske
    Participant

Well, you are right. I mean, *shrugs* It was still good. At least it wasn’t beaten by something like… Hoodwinked or something. All of them would have been deserving of that award.

And I heard about that song. I left after the scores were done, so I heard this morning about the pimp song winning. That was really stupid. He shouldn’t have been cut from the shortlist, I swear.

SleepyHello
    Participant

I’ve yet to voice this, since I was too scared to, but….

I was thoroughly disappointed with Corpse Bride. The film itself, and yes, Danny’s score and songs were extremely disappointing. I really think they had it in them to do a million times better. I was sad when the movie ended, and not because of the intended reasons.

Wallace and Gromit was 1,000,000 times better and more enjoyable.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.