Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Terminator Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 136 total)
  • Author
    elfboy91
    Participant

Amazing, truly amazing.. what a way to claim a 100th post.. and right on the dot too… Thanks Ryan!

Yea. It’s awesome. I’ll be picking this up on Tuesday.

boingomusic
    Participant

Oh my God, Danny brought back that Sommersby-sound I loved so much, with guitar and beautiful string arrangements!!!!

DannyBiker
    Participant

My copy is already waiting for me but I’ll get it on Saturday…:)

D-Bo
    Participant

Woohoo! My copies of Terminator: Salvation and the new Mars Attacks! release will both be waiting for me when I get back from a trip next week. Definitely something to look forward to!

Nick Parker
    Participant

I just sat (suffered) through a G4 Preview of the film, and while they did not feature a segment with Danny Elfman as I hoped, one of the hosts said this about the score: “ got the chance to see [Terminator: Salvation] yesterday. I loved everything about it, but the one thing that stood out for me: Danny Elfman’s score. How he is still doing this after twenty-something years, I [stutter] just do not know.”

Nick, did he say that in a positive or negative way?

Nick Parker
    Participant

Definitely in a positive way. Basically, he was saying, “The film was great, but I think the best part about it was Danny Elfman’s music.” I thought that was really cool, and promising as well, you would expect a critic to say “Christian Bale’s performance” or “the special effects”, but the first thing to come to his mind was Danny Elfman.

Monsterhead
    Participant

It’s a great score (I’ve listened to it all the way through now). But where is Fiedel’s T2 theme???

Alex from Belarus
    Participant

I do not understand. I want to buy this only because this track (remix/new/guitar version of Fiedel`s theme):
    http://www.scoringsessions.com/news/183/?disqus_reply=7720433#comment-7720433
    But where is it??? Maybe it will be on Complete Edition?
    My opinion it is pure new-Elfman style. Very weak and non-thematic. Very sad. Sorry.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Alex, that recording of the TERMINATOR theme is clearly a April Fool’s joke. It was not recorded by Danny Elfman.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

A portion of Fiedel’s TERMINATOR theme (the duh-duh-duh-da-duh) appears only once in Elfman’s score proper. It does not appear on the album. I haven’t seen the film so it’s possible it could be tracked in more than once.

Nick Parker
    Participant

Am I the only tired of people calling Danny Elfman’s newer music “nonthematic”?

elfboy91
    Participant

Yes! You are Nick.. everyone on this website totally agrees with those statements… :) (Just thought some sarcasm would lighten the mood..)

Nick Parker
    Participant

Do not make a concession, it only makes your comment seem all the more real!

Has anyone acknowledged that this is Elfman’s first BIG movie since Willy Wonka in 2005. Wanted and Hellboy 2 were like minor summer movies. They were movies that easily got lost in the hype of others. But…this…this is BIG. This movie could easily open with $100 million, especially since it’s a holiday. And with the economy people aren’t traveling so they’ll just go to the movies.

I think it’s great, more exposure for Elfman.

DannyBiker
    Participant

This T4 score is quite thematic actually, with two or three themes that you can easily hum after a first listen (even through it). Not that it means anything to me….but sadly it does to some people.

elfboy91
    Participant

I’ll pretend that made sense…. :)

….

Nick Parker
    Participant

Cannot stomach your own medicine?

“…Don’t make a concession either. It makes it sound too real if you do that… just sayin’ “

In other news, I cannot wait until I make enough money to buy this score….

elfboy91
    Participant

No.. I got the reference.. I would know… I said it! It was just out of place and made no sense.. Usually if you want to be smart you need to make sense.. just sayin’

:) I hope no one is bothered by this :)

Nick Parker
    Participant

(The reference was regarding a sarcastic post of yours, but that does not matter now) I really hope I am not coming off as aggressive, I have no reason to be angry at any of you guys.

“Danny was able to capture in music the delicate nature of humans and the unrelenting brutality of the machines.”
    – McG

That’s what he wrote on the CD booklet.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Danny Elfman wasted his time with this movie. The mix was HORRIBLE. How long was the album? 40 minutes? I think I “heard” maybe 10 minutes of that.

I don’t think D.E. scores sound the same. Have you seen the “9?” After all, the lesson to be learned is well thought and taught differently than terminator. Listening may not be good for you’re soul. My last best mom experience involved original Lucafilm and Elfman. If I am not mistaken. The hourly treasure of a film undoubtedly moves with the music. I am sorry you didn’t enjoy the Terminator sound. Your comments are nonetheless endearing.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.