Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Next Three Days

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

Bwwwwaaahahaha!

I absolutely LOVE the look on Danny’s face at the conclusion of the interview. Thanks for sharing!

ddddeeee
    Participant

“I was very happy to get the call that Paul Haggis wanted to meet as I was fan of his work. When he showed me The Next Three Days I was immediately drawn to the musical possibilities and I was quick to take the job. The first thing that struck me was that this probably wouldn’t be a conventional score, at least for me. I felt that Russel Crowe’s character carried so much internal conflict, as it is something that he does so well as an actor, that playing off that inner struggle would be challenging and engrossing

As I began work with Paul, I had no idea what to expect. After diving in and trying out a number of ideas, it quickly became a really creative and easy flowing collaboration. I was really impressed with his clarity of thought and his appreciation of the wide range of ideas he allowed me to explore. I knew early that the piano would be the centre of the score. it was a good thing that we didn’t record with a large orchestra because it forced me to be more disciplined and leaner in my approach, which I enjoyed. Most of all I enjoyed the simple straightforward process of working with Paul. His mind, his intuition and that he is simply a pleasure to be around has made this project go down as an all-around great experience for me.”

Thank you, Paul.

Danny Elfman

“I cannot imagine a better collaboration than the one I had with Danny. It is an inarguable fact that he is a musical genius. The true suprise was his openness, humility and unending generosity. I hope there are many more collaborations in our future, as the process was nothing short of pure joy, and resulted in what I’m sure you’ll agree is an incredible score.”

Sincerely,

Paul Haggis.

Just thought I’d type this out after recieving the proper CD today.

DannyBiker
    Participant

So, where to purchase the album to get a proper CD and not a CD-R ? I’m in Europe…

bookbinder3
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

And is the album at amazon.co.uk a proper edition or a CD-R ? Sorry to ask this but I do remember something about this CD and Amazon UK… :-)

bookbinder3
    Participant

It’s a real CD. I haven’t heard anything about CD-R’s. Unless you buy from an amazon-seller who is selling copies, or an on-demand OOP CD (which Amazon is always careful to make clear) than I can’t imagine why it would be a CD-R.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well read the thread back. There was a CD-R story a while back…

Thanks !

ddddeeee
    Participant

I really love this score. ‘The Truth’ is one of Elfman’s best ever cues.

Viewing 8 posts - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.