Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Wolf Man (2009)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    nemesis1701
    Participant

Is Danny doing this score?

Thor
    Participant

Yes, he did a score for this, but as we’ve already talked about in this thread, it was rejected at the last minute. The current score is by Tangerine Dream member Paul Haslinger. I don’t know if Elfman’s score will see a CD release, but I surely hope so.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

“Nahs work, Mr. Elfman … But, what this here film needs is a Need F’r Speed sayoundtrack … and an endin’ with a Biiiiig Esplosion!”

Last night I went to see “Sherlock Holmes” and there was a new trailer with rock music in it. Yet, the most interesting part was that Danny Elfman was still listed as composer in the credits.

johnmullin
    Participant

i have been told that there are still big decisions to made about the music for this movie. It comes out in about six weeks, so they’d better decide fast!

What happened? Did the new guy’s score suck? Like I said, it’s odd that the new trailer has Elfman listed.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That’s not a new trailer — it debuted at the end of October. About a week later Elfman was fired from the film!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The latest issue of FSM Online has a 27 minute audio podcast by the Kaplan Bros. They talk about TERMINATOR SALVATION, and then preview about 20 seconds of Elfman’s THE WOLF MAN ;)

You’ve gotta pay and login, but it might be your only way to hear this for awhile…

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB22A4LHNLYDT

johnmullin
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Uh, FSM might not appreciate that. There was a huge flip out on their msg board when someone did that. Oh well, John did it, not me! ;)

Ryan

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

And glad he did. It sounds very cool. Nice and dark with a great melody-line. My favorite kind of Elfman. I hope we get to hear it all one day. “What is that?” “Batman.” LOL!

Anonymous
    Inactive

and then preview about 20 seconds of Elfman’s THE WOLF MAN

On what second I can hear The Wolfman Music?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Listen to the podcast and you’ll hear it :)

Nick Parker
    Participant

“It might be your only way to hear this for awhile… “

Apparently not, because according to this article, Danny Elfman’s score is back in the film.

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/article.cfm/articleID/6408/The-2009-Top-Forty-Composer-Countdown-in-2010!-Part-Four/

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

HELL YES!! Made my day.

See, the trailer I saw during “Sherlock Holmes” didn’t lie.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Wow, that’s pretty big! I was reading that article linked from the “Green Hornet” announcement post, and then I caught that fact towards the end! Quite a day for Elfman news, it seems.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

The Wolfman music is great! It sounds so seductive. Very much in the spirit of Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

Monsterhead
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, why don’t try reading the previous messages ? ;-)

johnmullin
    Participant

Yes… BUT expect what he originally did to be pretty hacked up in the movie, and mixed in with a good deal of additional music by other composers.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

You’re obviously reading the wrong website…

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, I’m stumped. Paul Hasslinger is now out. Elfman’s music is back. Sorry, the other past messages are dense with info and the main MFADP webpage says Elfman is out. Just trying to be clear…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Mr. Dantz
    Participant

But now there’s more of a chance for an Elfman soundtrack release. Right?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.