Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Wolf Man (2009)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

This is preposterous!! Haslinger out, that hack Elfman in?? And here I was thinking they finally got their act together and threw that damn Danny “Ompa Lompa” music outta there, and then….

…oh sorry, thought I was at the Haslinger messageboard for a minute.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

We found you out, Thor! ;)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

THE WOLFMAN
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Danny Elfman
    Benicio Del Toro
    Anthony Hopkins
    Emily Blunt

Inspired by the classic Universal film that launched a legacy of horror, The Wolfman brings the myth of a cursed man back to its iconic origins. Oscar® winner Benicio Del Toro stars as Lawrence Talbot, a haunted nobleman lured back to his family estate after his brother vanishes. Reunited with his estranged father (Oscar® winner Anthony Hopkins), Talbot sets out to find his brother…and discovers a horrifying destiny for himself. Lawrence Talbot’s childhood ended the night his mother died. After he left the sleepy Victorian hamlet of Blackmoor, he spent decades recovering and trying to forget. But when his brother’s fiancée, Gwen Conliffe (Emily Blunt), tracks him down to help find her missing love, Talbot returns home to join the search. He learns that something with brute strength and insatiable bloodlust has been killing the villagers, and that a suspicious Scotland Yard inspector named Aberline (Hugo Weaving) has come to investigate. As he pieces together the gory puzzle, he hears of an ancient curse that turns the afflicted into werewolves when the moon is full. Now, if he has any chance at ending the slaughter and protecting the woman he has grown to love, Talbot must destroy the vicious creature in the woods surrounding Blackmoor. But as he hunts for the nightmarish beast, a simple man with a tortured past will uncover a primal side to himself…one he never imagined existed.

The classically Gothic, Transylvania-flavored score is by Danny Elfman.

Universal opens THE WOLFMAN nationwide on February 12.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 010 2
    Release Date: 02/23/10

Awesome. How long before some samples are available?

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Thank the Baby Jesus.

johnmullin
    Participant

During the time the score was “out,” Elfman gave promotional CDs to many people who worked on the sessions, totaling around 66 minutes. My guess is that the Varese album won’t be THAT long, but hopefully a good chunk of it will make it on there.

Lucius
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

THE WOLFMAN
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Danny Elfman
    Benicio Del Toro
    Anthony Hopkins
    Emily Blunt

Wow, all 4 of those people wrote the music? ;)

Lucius

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well considering it’ Varese, probably not very soon! They don’t appreciate it when you post samples from one of their releases prior to it’s availability in stores. I was gently reminded of that last summer with STAR TREK.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Man, this and then Alice, just a few weeks apart!

johnmullin
    Participant

The CDs come out a week apart, in fact!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

1. Wolf Suite Pt 1 (4:12)
    2. Wolf Suite Pt 2 (5:55)
    3. Prologue (2:57)
    4. Dear Mr. Talbot (1:45)
    5. Bad Moon Rising (0:59)
    6. Gypsy Massacre (2:24)
    7. Wake Up, Lawrence (5:17)
    8. The Funeral (4:13)
    9. The Healing Montage (2:50)
    10. First Transformation (3:30)
    11. You Must Go (3:46)
    12. The Antique Shop (3:32)
    13. Country Carnage (2:31)
    14. Be Strong (2:31)
    15. The Madhouse (5:32)
    16. Reflection / 2nd Transformation (4:12)
    17. The Traveling Montage (4:27)
    18. The Finale (4:11)
    19. Wolf Wild #2 (1:27)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/details.asp?pid=vsd%2D302%2D067%2D010%2D2

Contents appear to be exactly the same as the version Danny circulated in November.

Thor
    Participant

Hey Ryan, did you get the e-mail I sent to your cinemusic account?

Two suites? Interesting. How much of this music is actually in the movie? Is this another “Spider-Man 2” or we have nothing to worry about?

Here’s 7 clips from the movie…with Elfman music:
    http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/films.php?id=665

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I have to check!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well it’s kind of hard to tell what’s in the movie since no one has seen it…!

Well, considering all the controversy one should be investigating. Has anyone close to the movie said anything?

sandyclaws
    Participant

If this is the exact same version Danny handed out to the crew then it’s a safe bet that it is the version he originally intended for the movie. Not the hack-job that is in the current edit. I saw a copy of the track listing of the promo and it looks to be the same.

johnmullin
    Participant

Conrad Pope said that the movie will be nearly all Danny. He helped reshape a little toward the beginning and the end, and only a few interstitial bits during the body of the picture.

Elfman supposedly recorded around 75 minutes (66 of which will be on the CD!)

The rumor is that Pope recorded somewhere around 20.

lonzoe
    Participant

johnmullin Wrote:

> Conrad Pope said that the movie will be nearly all
    > Danny. He helped reshape a little toward the
    > beginning and the end, and only a few interstitial
    > bits during the body of the picture.
    >
    > Elfman supposedly recorded around 75 minutes (66
    > of which will be on the CD!)
    >
    > The rumor is that Pope recorded somewhere around
    > 20.

Cool. I can’t wait for this. 75 minutes huh. I guess that explains track 19 b/c what happened to “Wolf Wild #1 ” .

johnmullin
    Participant

Yeah, and the first two tracks are like that too. They were also recorded with no specific picture in mind… it was “extra” music to be used wherever they needed it.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I thought that the score was recorded in London? Was it not? Guess that’s what I have been used to…

Yeah, they shot the movie in England so it seems odd that Elfman didn’t score the movie there. Then again…the movie was in post-production for like a year. So, I assume at one point they moved the production to L.A.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.