Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Burton/Elfman: 25 years box from WMG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

UPDATE 9/29!

Here are the MFADP exclusive bullet points on the Elfman/Burton set:

– more than 18 hours of music
    – expansions of 13 film scores
    – seven hours of previously unreleased music
    – a DVD featuring a conversation between Elfman and Burton
    – Limited edition of 1000 copies
    – Exclusive signed edition of only 150 copies

Pre-sale starts Thursday, September 30th at http://burtonelfman.com/

Sign-up (or re-sign up!) for updates and a download link will be mailed to you for a video conversation between Danny and Tim!

Ryan

Thought I’d create a single thread for this.

Yes, this box is real. It is due near Christmas, 2010. That was in fact Richard Kraft at FSM asking people what they’d like to see on the box.

I’ll repost the other key elements into this thread so we have one place to post… That is until the Warner Bros. music intern creates a totally exciting new thread…

bookbinder3
    Participant

DUUUDES!
    Daney Elftan and Tim Burfon are releasing this aaawwweeesome new box set!
    I guess it’ll have 25 years of Elftan’s scores! (Even though I shouldn’t have to guess, I do work at the place they’re making it, still I’ll product place good and hard, they’re paying me).

I’m looking forward to our WMG intern’s next post. It’ll be all whimsy and wonder and guesswork.

BUY THE THING WE CAN’T DESCRIBE!

musicmuzak
    Participant

Looks like they just made a facebook page for the box set (really recently considering they only have like 9 fans so far). I already became a fan, support Danny and check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Danny-Elfman-Tim-Burton-25th-Anniversary-Music-Box/148806861819647

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

LOL, thanks “musicmuzak” (via wmg.com)

musicmuzak
    Participant

hey atleast I’m making an effort to not sound like mind-numbing spam. Plus its something everyone should be interested in, so why fight it haha

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

You are welcome to keep us up-to-date. In fact, if you’re willing to do that, why not contact me directly?

http://elfman.filmmusic.com/email.html

Anonymous
    Inactive

Daney Elftan and Tim Burfon…HAHAHAHAHA!!

mongoose_mania
    Participant

I just got a Facebook update saying that the box set will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow. Is anyone going to look into it?

johnmullin
    Participant

Holy crap! Expansion of THIRTEEN of their scores together? That’s all of them, isn’t it?

I wasn’t sure if I was going to pony up the cash for this one, but I don’t think I’m going to be able to say no!

D-Bo
    Participant

Ho-lee box set, Batman! This is killing me. There’s some real gems in that thing, and I feel like I kinda have to get it, seeing as Elfman’s the whole reason I got into film scoring in the first place.

But geez… $500? I’d be much more inclined if it were, maybe, $250. Damn.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah $250 was a instant-purchase but 500…unless I find a wallet filled with money in the streets, I’ll have to pass. I mean, there are more important things in life, like…I don’t know…food, clothes…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hey man, you get all the “Fudderwackens” though! ;)

moongirl84
    Participant

Just remember one thing, WARNER BROS. records are the ones asking for the price, not Tim and Danny.

mongoose_mania
    Participant

It’s things like this that make me wish I were rich. Or things were priced more cheaply.

boingomusic
    Participant

Ok, so, how do we get a signed copy?

I don’t see that listed anywhere on the website !!!!

ddddeeee
    Participant

Seriously that much? I was soooo looking forward to this but there’s no way I can afford that.

iggybiggy
    Participant

I pre-ordered mine today, yeah, $500 is a lot, but it’s a limited edition of 1000, so I figured get it while I can.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Fuck the Fudderwackens. This kind of price tag is why people download music illegally. And the skull USB drive with all the mp3s already on them!? C’mon. These albums are gonna be everywhere…

lonzoe
    Participant

So you only can order it on the website? No where else.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Have you noticed that at the end of the video, it says “first batch” or something like that? I’m sure that they won’t limit themselves to 1.000 copies if it sells well; it’s all about marketing…

By the way, for non US-buyers, get ready for customs extra-charges. In addition to the already expensive postal fees, it will most certainly end up costing $600…That’s insane.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Only 1000 copies were licensed. Richard Kraft stated on FSM that the set was conceived as is – so no stripped down version, apparently. I look at it this way — it’s 25 years of music for $500. How much have you spent on soundtracks already? This probably won’t happen again for another 25 years, so why miss out.

ddddeeee
    Participant

If I had the money I’d buy in a heartbeat.

This has me really gutted.

moongirl84
    Participant

Yes it’s a very beautiful box set and I can see why it’s $500 but much as I love Elfman and Burton, there’s no way I can get this. Best of luck for anyone getting this box set.

DannyBiker
    Participant

That’s the point Ryan : we all agree it’s a special release that won’t come up every year and that it is not that expensive regarding the content BUT most people just can’t afford to spend $500 in CD’s, especially when they already own them…

Natrebo
    Participant

I’ve got mine ordered… I’m just wondering if there IS a coupon code for this and who has it? Also this is a steal compared to the $300 price tag on “The Art of Tim Burton – Deluxe Edition” Set… at least with that one there is a cheaper alternative.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.