Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Burton/Elfman: 25 years box from WMG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    mtroxell
    Participant

A handful of US customers have received theirs already. It’s finally HAPPENING!

Natrebo
    Participant

I’m at work and mine just came… just opened it in front of the office and everyone was oohing and aahing! Can’t wait to get it home!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Got mine today at work. The box looks good. I can’t figure out if it’s supposed to play music or not? Despite many FSM people being listed in the hardcover book, myself, John Mullin and Lucius Dillon are not, even though we took the time to submit music to Richard Kraft when he put out an all call. That’s a disappointment, I have to be honest.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well…I’ll have to look over the internet…you know…it’s a shame, I know.
    If only they would have released a “16CDs only” version, I would have bought it. The price was just out-of-reach for me.

I’m also curious to read how well the boxes arrived in Europe…

Mascara
    Participant

Hi – For those of you who received your shipment already or do, please let me know the quality of the unit. The outside of my unit had small creases where the legs sit on a couple of the sides. One of the top walls of the box was not glued together all the way. I also found what looks like a tear of the sticker on one of the black/white stripes on the bottom of one of the leg corners where it is now white instead of black. Mine was one of the first 1000. I bought this as a collectable and not sure if I should return it or keep it. I’m concerned that the 2nd one they might send might be the same. What would you do?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

My guess is these were assembled very quickly. I don’t think it’s evident from the photos and videos that the top and bottom are particle board covered with printed stickers. I’ve only taken a quick look at the contents. The USB doesn’t have a copy-all feature, so you have to extract one mp3 (minus meta tags) at a time. I’m not sure if all these months later my enthusiasm for the set has remained high.

Natrebo
    Participant

As someone who was mentioned in the book, I feel sorry for you being left out of the Thanks section… also my enthusiasm couldn’t be higher… we actually took some time off at my office to look at everything and listen to some of the music. Still can’t wait to get it home!

Nat

lonzoe
    Participant

Mine’s finally arrived early this afternoon. I waited till I got off from work to open it , which was after nine.
    But the box looks great. I can’t wait to read that book (and of course listen to the music). I don’t know where to start. Man is this going to be a treat.

Natrebo
    Participant

I didn’t have a problem copying all the files at once and uploading them into itunes… one weird thing is the fact that the invoice for the USB part of the project is on the USB drive. Not sure that was supposed to be left on there.

Nat

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Yeah, the invoices for the USB creation are on there… I’m sure that wasn’t on purpose.

Thor
    Participant

I can understand how that can be disappointing. I was thanked myself, but sadly cannot afford the box at $700. I don’t know how they weighted the input & assistance.

DannyBiker
    Participant

So how about the Alice CD with no film version tracks ? It means we are still left with the synth choir in the Proposal/Down the hole cue. At $500, you would think they would have work on those…

bookbinder3
    Participant

Yes. Quite annoyed about that. Still ALOT of unreleased score. Hoping for a LLL or such like release some day.

Elfman1972
    Participant

Hi, I read inside the cover of Batman (CD #3) that they found another recording of the 1989 album…

Is that right?

I it’s true, that is great !

Natrebo
    Participant

I’ve started to read the book and so far it’s been a great read! Also I’ve decided to watch the corresponding movie after each of the chapters and just watched PEE-WEE last night. Reading the book has added more to the viewing than just the commentaries… just a suggestion.

Nat

Elfman1972
    Participant

Agree with you, and Batman chapter is the most interesting of all.

I want to read that book so badly. Anyone gonna sell it?

Thor
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> I want to read that book so badly. Anyone gonna
    > sell it?

Same here!!

Elfman1972
    Participant

Ishhh ! I don’t know if it’s gonna be available alone.

Hope for you !

;)

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

I’ve read about some design issues with the music box, but I haven’t read much about how satisfied everyone has been about the music, book or DVD. I was curious as I am *still* waiting to receive mine and considering canceling the order.

I preordered the Collectors Edition Music Box in early November. I received the Bonus Disc in December, but was surprised in April to learn that my order had been canceled in January. (I am told Warner Bros. Records used the wrong expiration date for the credit card.) Customer service wasn’t much help, so I went ahead and ordered the second edition Music Box. Now I get an email indicating that the Music Box has been delayed again – now May 24, 2011.

I really want all of the contents (the book sounds like a must have), but I am thinking that I should wait and see if they release just the Skeleton Key USB Flash Drive. Thoughts?

Elfman1972
    Participant

Dear Mr. Weepy Donuts,

I hope you will received all the stuff. When I’ve received mine, I’ve indicated that my music box doesn’t works, I mean, the top of the Box may because of the shipping. But I repaired the whole and now it’s works !

The skeleton Key doesn’t have any important unreleases cues, just some demos, and pre-themes. So you don’t miss any great stuff in that. But the Book, it is a Treasure !

I think that the marketing of that was a bullshit ! They decide to release this treasure to early and they were not yet ready, so…

Sinceraly !

Elfman1972
    ;)

moongirl84
    Participant

You know after reading some of these comments about the music box, I’m glad I didn’t spend the money. However, I wish they can sell the book separate. Not every Tim Burton/Danny Elfman fan has $500 to afford it.

Natrebo
    Participant

i Feel I’ve gotten my money’s worth already and I’m still only half-way through with the book and have listened to half of the CDs!

DannyBiker
    Participant

I’ve listened to all the CD’s and it’s a disappointment for me. Beetlejuice and Big Fish are fantastic but pretty much all the other stuff is merely okay. At $500, you can expect better for what is the core of the box : the music. I’m actually hoping LLL Records to make other Elfman expanded scores to get “the real thing”.
    Bonus CD are fine if you like listen to 17 different versions of This is Halloween, 10 MOMA cues (who gives a damn about those ??) and 7 different music box cues. MEH !

Of course, there’s the book that I’d love to read. But I’m not paying $500 for a book !

Natrebo
    Participant

I have to say of the CDs I’ve heard so far the one that sounds the best compared to the regular release is EDWARD (and it’s the CDs I’m listening to, not the MP3s)! And while I’ve only made it through half the book, the score I would like to see expanded upon LaLaLand style is Dick Tracy… in the book there’s mention of a lot of rerecording, and rescoring of tracks as the film was re-cut several times – that would make a nice disc with several alternate tracks.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.