Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Burton/Elfman: 25 years box from WMG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    bookbinder3
    Participant

Does anyone know if customs/vat charges etc. will be charged for UK/Europe buyers? If so, how much? Is there a way to calculate it?

9fingeredElf
    Participant
    bookbinder3
    Participant

So. The 15th is looming. I’ve seen people saying their cards have been charged. That wasn’t supposed to happen before the boxes shipped (I payed with PayPal so I don’t know). Any news?

P.S. Has anyone seen the competition page at wired.com? The number of people who’ve put “Ed Wood” as their answer! I could throttle them. Souldn’t they be discounted?

Natrebo
    Participant

Just received an email from Warner saying that the box won’t be shipping till the beginning of April. The people who ordered the limited version will be receiving theirs first (which I luckily am). Although I’m sad that I’ll have to wait over another month, I’m happy that they didn’t rush it either.

Lucius
    Participant

Here’s another video about the music this time. 1 more month to go!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKib7NnoJyc

Lucius

bookbinder3
    Participant

“1 more month to go”

famous last words? I hope not. but…

Torque
    Participant

Making Christmas goes electric and Danny sing in a car are great, haha.

Natrebo
    Participant

Yeah, Making Christmas sounds like it was left off Oingo Boingo’s last studio album “BOINGO”!

Those demos are fantastic. Ryan, you better post that stuff.

bookbinder3
    Participant

Does anyone know if the Proposal/Rabbit Hole cue from Alice will be fixed for the Elfman Burton Box? Listening to it, I’m fairly certain that whole track is a demo put in by mistake. I think it was mentioned once in the FSM request thread, but I wonder if they noticed. Ryan, did they ask you for notes? What you thought needed releasing? I would have thought they would.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, it’s not a demo. It’s only that the choir is not a real one, it’s from a digital library. The rest is the real orchestra and actually what we hear in the film, I’m quite sure.

And yes, I think the film version with the real choir will be included in the box. I even remember Ryan posting that part to show off… :)

bookbinder3
    Participant

I think it is a demo. The whole thing’s different. Anyway. I hope so. But Ryan posted that track before the E/B box was even announced. From one of his special vaults, no doubt.

mtroxell
    Participant

Not super-familiar with Alice yet at this point, but it’s possible that whatever Ryan posted was from the Academy Award FYC promo, which apparently had some different tracks.

bookbinder3
    Participant

Well maybe, but he did post that clip in April 2010. Which was well before the Oscar season started. I don ‘t know where he got it. It doesn’t really matter.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Ssshhh! ;)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Thor
    Participant

Cute girl, and as others have pointed out elsewhere- if she came with the package, even I might have been able to find $500+shipping+customs somewhere. :)

sajrocks
    Participant

No lock of Danny’s hair in that black envelope thingy? Return. To. Sender.

bookbinder3
    Participant

And Another:

Can’t wait to get that idividually hand-crafted cardboard box! And all that packing material! Dream come true!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I got my shipping notice today!! Shipped 3/30! It’s REAL!!

bookbinder3
    Participant

So did I, which is funny. I bought the standard edition, and I got a shipping notice for the same date too. I thought they were making the “limited” a priority. Has anyone else got a shipping email? Only one guy on the facebook page has said so.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’ve never recieved a single e-mail regarding this set. I’ve got the bonus disc and everything fine but not once have I been alerted to a date change or anything. I had to get in contact with them a few times to make sure my order was even successful.

I really hope I wasn’t affected by this recent credit card problem some people have seemed to have. It’s annoying.

bookbinder3
    Participant

I paid with PayPal. I wonder if that changed things? Otherwise, I can’t think why mine has been sent out already. I’m kinda wondering if it was a rather poorly aimed April-fools. But I cant imagine that being even possible.

Natrebo
    Participant

I just got my shipping confirmation last night that said it shipped on April 1st… YES!!!

9fingeredElf
    Participant

I got the same email. Shipped April 1st.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.