Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Dark Shadows (2013)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Monsterhead
    Participant

Maybe Danny can re-use his Wolfman music?

http://scifiwire.com/2009/12/confirmed-johnny-depps-da.php

elfboy91
    Participant

Or write all new music because Ryan keeps suggesting that there will be Wolfman music to hear… Maybe?

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yup. Oh well, at least there is a great score to look forward too…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I guess that’s another 2012 release. Seems like a huge year for Elfman.

Very huge and very busy.

ddddeeee
    Participant

“Elsewhere, the official Dark Shadows newsletter ShadowGram reports that Tim Burton’s regular composer Danny Elfman will create the musical score for the new film, adding that “Robert Cobert’s original theme will likely be integrated.” Elfman’s other credits include Men in Black, Red Dragon and Spider-Man along with theme music for The Simpsons and Desperate Housewives.”

http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/2011/03/dark-shadows-movie-updates.html

DannyBiker
    Participant

I don’t care much for that integration. Is that theme big in the US ? It didn’t hit Europe for sure (I don’t even think the show had any success here, so it’s completely new to me)…

It’s not much of a theme, anyway

bookbinder3
    Participant

Is there a melody there?
    Danny can do better than that.
    I can appreciate fans might be worried that the film isn’t going to be respectful enough of the show they love, but do they want it to be exactly like the show? Couldnt they just watch IT instead? I really dont want Danny to have to start shoe-horning in themes from the original show to keep it’s fans happy. HE HAS HIS FANS TOO.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Release date = 11th May 2012.

DannyBiker
    Participant

One year from now, really ? Is the film in shooting right now ? Is Burton is directing Frankenweenie on his own ? Am I boring you with my questions ?

lonzoe
    Participant

I hope Elfman can squeeze MIIIB with that tough release date. I want him to finally complete a trilogy.

Yeah… I think Elfman is gonna drop MIB 3.

bookbinder3
    Participant

I REALLY hope he doesn’t. Has he THAT much coming up? Real Steel I thought was nearly done, Frankenweenie and Dark Shadows is all we know of, what’s the problem? Frankenweenie and DS have only really started production. MIB should be done long before them. Danny can always score it before the CG is done cant he?

ddddeeee
    Participant

Well at least we know why he couldn’t do Abraham Lincon: Vampire Hunter.

lonzoe
    Participant

They still could push Dark Shadows’ release date b/c it comes out a week after the long awaited Marvel’s The Avengers movie. Besides I think it should come out around around Halloween and Frankenweenie can come out early 2013. Or keep Frankenweenie at it’s spot and have Dark Shadows come out around Thanksgiving like Sleepy Hollow did back in ’99.

Dark Shadow has already begun production. It will get a summer release for several reasons.

1) Burton and Depp’s last film grossed $1 billion worldwide.
    2) We’re in a vampire craze, so the genre doesn’t have to be limited to Halloween.
    3) It’ll serve as counter-programming. Fast Five and Bridesmaids are doing well opposite Thor. So, I assume Dark Shadows will be fine the week after The Avengers.

lonzoe
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> Dark Shadow has already begun production. It will
    > get a summer release for several reasons.
    >
    > 1) Burton and Depp’s last film grossed $1 billion
    > worldwide.
    > 2) We’re in a vampire craze, so the genre doesn’t
    > have to be limited to Halloween.
    > 3) It’ll serve as counter-programming. Fast Five
    > and Bridesmaids are doing well opposite Thor. So,
    > I assume Dark Shadows will be fine the week after
    > The Avengers.
    >
    >
    >
    > Edited 1 times. Last edit at 05/19/11 12:07AM by
    > Descent Into Mystery.

That had a lot to do with ticket prices for 3d films being expensive. Ticket sales for 2d and 3d films went up right around Alice’s release date. I just hope Elfman can score MIIIB. I want him to have a trilogy on his resume. It’s been long overdue. Unlike DS which picked a release date a year from when they started filming. MIIIB had the release date way before they started filming. Not to mention before the DS cast was put together. B/c of those reasons I really hope Elfman achieves scoring MIIIB while still having plenty of time to score DS.

Trust me. I really, really, want Elfman to score MIB 3, but its release date is literally two weeks after Dark Shadows. The only way Elfman can pull this off is if he’s already begun writing the MIB 3 score which I highly doubt because that film has shut down production several times due to creative differences between Will Smith and the director. They’re STILL shooting the film. And don’t expect Sony to move MIB 3 to another date. Summer 2012 is already jam-packed.

lonzoe
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> Trust me. I really, really, want Elfman to score
    > MIB 3, but its release date is literally two weeks
    > after Dark Shadows. The only way Elfman can pull
    > this off is if he’s already begun writing the MIB
    > 3 score which I highly doubt because that film has
    > shut down production several times due to creative
    > differences between Will Smith and the director.
    > They’re STILL shooting the film. And don’t expect
    > Sony to move MIB 3 to another date. Summer 2012 is
    > already jam-packed.

Yeah I know they won’t push MIIIB. That’s why I was suggesting and hoping TPTB push Dark Shadows to a later release date. That’s just a crazy spot for a movie like that to be on. So I’m still gonna hope DS gets pushed to a later release date next year.

Lucius
    Participant

I wouldn’t worry too much about Danny not doing MIIIB. If you recall in 2002 Danny scored the second Men in Black and he also scored another tiny little movie called Spiderman. So, I have a feeling he can work his schedule out. Fingers crossed.

Lucius

Spider-Man and Men in Black 2 were released Two MONTHS apart. Not two WEEKS.

Torque
    Participant

Wanted and Hellboy II were released about 2 or 3 weeks apart.

It took Universal a long time to find a good spot for Wanted. That film had like 2 or 3 different release dates. So, the film may have been released in June, but was completed WAY before that. It was the same situation with The Wolfman. Except the Wolfman was more extreme.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.