Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tim Burton’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

As if this official website music thing isn’t complicated enough, according to the official Twitter account for ALICE:

“importantdate: The official #Alice site now features Danny Elfman’s score from the film: http://ow.ly/VcQP”

Huh?

Lucius
    Participant

That’s dumb as hell. I mean, isn’t Danny still recording it as we speak, or at least JUST finished it?

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    sandyclaws
    Participant

Oh good! I’m glad there will be a separate score release. I saw at the link below the track listing and I wanted to vomit.

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=30370

Nick Parker
    Participant

Excellent, I was worried that it would be download-only.

DannyBiker
    Participant

No I think that’s the cd cover for the Johnny Depp in Wonderland movie.

Oh wait…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Strange, I had heard that Disney Records had converted to digital download only. Michael Giacchino had said that his score for “Up” was the guinea pig for this, as it wasn’t released on CD. Good to see! Just a month and a half to go!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

That’s a mock-up track. Definitely not a real orchestra. Still, it sounds more like Spiderman than I imagined. Weird.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

No kidding. Hahah!

Lucius
    Participant

Well, as discussed earlier it is NOT Elfman but a library track called ‘Midnight Waltz’ by Brand X. We’ll still have to wait a month and a half until we hear Elfman’s score.

Lucius

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

DOH! Wow, I really should read all the posts, huh? Well, I’m pretty happy it’s not from the real score. It sounds too bombastic … like something from a superhero movie!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

It’s library music, man. We were talking about this a couple of days ago.

D-Bo
    Participant

Personally, I’m shocked at how much buzz there is about this alleged “demo” track, and how people can’t tell that this is not Elfman’s work. I really thought the fans knew his stuff better than that. I guess I was wrong.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I really thought the fans knew his stuff better than that. I guess I was wrong.

Ha, ha. Well what do I know?

DannyBiker
    Participant

Tracklist at amazon.co.uk

1. Alice’s Theme
    2. Little Alice
    3. Proposal/Down The Hole
    4. Doors
    5. Drink Me
    6. Into The Garden
    7. Alice Reprise #1
    8. Bandersnatched
    9. Finding Absolem
    10. Alice Reprise #2
    11. The Cheshire Cat
    12. Alice And Bayard’s Journey
    13. Alice Reprise #3
    14. Alice Escapes
    15. The White Queen
    16. Only A Dream
    17. The Dungeon
    18. Alice Decides
    19. Alice Reprise #4
    20. Going To Battle
    21. The Final Confrontation
    22. Blood Of The Jabberwocky
    23. Alice Returns
    24. Alice Reprise #5

Alice Reprise? So, instead of using the theme within another composition he just used the theme over and over agin with different arrangements? Interesting. And very different for Elfman.

elfboy91
    Participant

sounds like a track list for a musical on broadway. When does Danny finish up with Houdini?

….

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Wooo, we’ve got a Final Confrontation track!

Anonymous
    Inactive

GB: What was the very last thing you finished on Sunday?

DE: It was this crazy dance that the Mad Hatter does. It’s called the Fudderwacken. That was something we had tried many different approaches before we reached the one that is in the movie.

Natrebo
    Participant

When I read that part all I was thinking was… the CD probably won’t have the final version on it, so the CD will be different than the film version.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

This from Disney:

FUTTER-WHAT? — Futterwacken is the term used to describe the Underlanders’ dance of unbridled joy. Composer Danny Elfman was stumped when it came to creating the music for the dance. He wrote four different pieces for the director, each fun, unique and, as Elfman says, “pushing the bounds of what could be acceptable.”

johnmullin
    Participant

Sound clips! Lots of choir!

http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums/aliceinwonderland.html

The CD is reportedly around 45 minutes.

That “Alice Theme” is the most different thing Elfman has done since Hulk. Also, 45 minutes? That sounds rather short.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.