Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Tim Burton’s ‘Alice in Wonderland’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    D-Bo
    Participant

Ryan and Descent: You guys are the devil.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hey, how do I get one of those?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

My Alice album shipped early! :)

DannyBiker
    Participant

You sons of ****…
    Besides, with Disney’s plans to release the DVD on June 1st already, Belgium (as well as The Netherlands, Italy and the UK) decided to boycott the film…

Sad day to be a Burton/Elfman fan…

Besides, with Disney’s plans to release the DVD on June 1st already, Belgium (as well as The Netherlands, Italy and the UK) decided to boycott the film…

Sad day to be a Burton/Elfman fan…

The ban was lifted. You can enjoy the movie with the rest of us. :)

Thor
    Participant

Check out the video from the London premiere tonight:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5000187

Fastforward to 00:57:40 and then again at 00:58:50 to see a rather uncomfortable Elfman waiting for things to start. Are those his two daughters standing next to and behind him?

Curiously, the video ends BEFORE the royal party arrives. That’s a bit strange.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That’s Avril Lavigne (left, black dress), Mali Elfman (over Danny’s shoulder), Lili Fini Zanuck (white shall) and Richard Zanuck.

Thor
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

> >
    > That’s Avril Lavigne (left, black dress), Mali
    > Elfman (over Danny’s shoulder), Lili Fini Zanuck
    > (white shall) and Richard Zanuck.
    >
    >

Ha, ha…you’re right. How could I not recognize Lavigne?! I knew there was something familiar with her, though. By the way, your pic doesn’t show up.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Well, I’m more interested in looking at a debate where people dump on the movie that they haven’t even seen yet.

That’s easy to find

Ha, ha. Indeed. Any suggestions?

9fingeredElf
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Take a hike, eh! US only ;)

For Free?! Wow. Disney isn’t thinking highly of this if they’re just giving it away. lol.

Lucius
    Participant

Welllll, ABC = Disney, (as I’m sure you all know) so they just wanted some free press for that Alice movie. But hopefully this will be a prediction for the Alice score being nominated NEXT year…I mean it damn well should be.

Lucius

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Wow. A lot of “I Forget” from Serenada in that track. Cool!

elfboy91
    Participant

Dude.. just listened to Alice’s theme all the way through.. it’s at 120 beats per minute… I watched it with a clock and i got all giddy for some reason.. I get entertained easily… obviously! But its fun! Try it!

….

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Tim is reusing props from Sleepy Hollow for Alice

Thor
    Participant

Yeah, I noticed that too. It’s pretty cool. It’s one of many signature elements which makes him the auteur that he is.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Composer Danny Elfman has established himself as one of Hollywood’s leading film composers with nearly 50 film scores for films including “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,” “Milk,” “Chicago,” “Batman,” “Spiderman,” “Men in Black,” “Edward Scissorhands” and “Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.” The “Alice in Wonderland” soundtrack will feature select cues from the film’s score.

A long-time Burton collaborator, Elfman says his experience with the director doesn’t simplify the creative process. “There’s no technique to it or formula, even after this many films together,” says Elfman, “other than to jump in, try lots of things and then throw them all at him, even the craziest stuff that I come up with. There’s nothing I won’t play for him because often some of our best stuff comes out of that odd thing that I almost didn’t play.

“It’s just a constant sense of ‘This works, this doesn’t. This works, this doesn’t,’” Elfman continues. “I develop an understanding of the movie from his perspective. It’s always a bit of a journey getting there. It’s not easy.”

The composer has learned along the way that it doesn’t pay to do his homework. “In the past every time I’ve tried to get a head start—reading the script and creating themes—not one note of it has ever made it in the movie.”

So it wasn’t until he saw an early cut of the film that the score began to take shape. “Clearly it is Alice’s story, and she has several parts to her character,” says Elfman. “So Alice actually doesn’t have one theme, she has several themes—from the sweeter more innocent side of her as she begins the story very naïve and somewhat weak, to the Alice that emerges at the end of the story—stronger. She finds herself during the story.”

The score itself is lush and imaginative. “It’s an orchestral score and the instruments that we used are traditional orchestral instruments,” says Elfman. “Tim and I both wanted to keep it pretty organic and pure. It’s strictly playing the emotional side of what you’re seeing, but there’s a kind of a vibe that permeates Wonderland.”

rettahdameht
    Participant

Hm…

Following this thread for about a month now im a little bit surprised that there are still no comments left here about the film and the soundtrack IN the film….. :)

I liked it also if i was a little disapointed / unhappy that the futterwacken dance isnt on the soundtrack… its really a very nice short piece *g* im also missing the music from the tea party although im wondering if it might be an non elfman song… something old wich wasnt composed 4 the movie….

looking foreward to read your impressions

(and please dont blame me for my bad grammar didnt write in english 4 a long time)

greets

rettahdameht – themadhatter

Looks like Danny is gonna get his biggest hit since “Spider-Man 2.”

http://www.nowpublic.com/culture/disneys-trip-wonderland-success

For reference sake. The 5 most successful movies that Danny has scored are:

1. Spider-Man (2002) – $403.7 million
    2. Spider-Man 2 (2004) – $373.5 million
    3. Batman (1989) – $251.1 million
    4. Men in Black (1997) – $250.6 million
    5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) – $206.4 million

Monsterhead
    Participant

Love the music. Hate the movie. Burton is pretty hopeless anymore. I had low expectations, but they failed to meet even that. Bonham-Carter was great, however.

rettahdameht
    Participant

Hey guys…

I already istend to the scores Lucius listed

Shrek 2 “All is revealed”
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory “Up and Out”
    Hellboy 2 “Finale”
    Lemony Snicket “Hurrican Herman’
    Rat Race “Bike Dykes”
    Wallace & Gromit ‘Brainwash & Go”

I also found the Brand X song from the website…..

and although i found in those sons almost every piece from the trailers there are still two questions open refering that trailer /website score theme:

The clock ticking at the beginning of the superbowl tv spot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jth9BjoquqA) and the cirque-loop on the website (not from Brand X) are two scores i’m just not able to find.

Also the Fudderwacken song is something im really missing…. (the only answer disney germany was able to give me was : call london)

Perhaps there is somebody able to help me wih that?

Would be very glad

Greetings

rettadameht – madhatter

Danny must really hate scoring blockbusters. First, he gets bitch-slapped by the sound editors on Terminator Salvation and now whatever he scored for Alice is not on the screen. For example, the album has a track titled Going To Battle. But in the movie they ARE in a battle. The music matches. Thankfully. But the titles do make you wonder what the heck he was scoring.

rettahdameht
    Participant

Ok…

almost got what i searched:

Trailer score:

Shrek 2 “All is revealed”
    Charlie and the Chocolate Factory “Up and Out”
    Hellboy 2 “Finale”
    Lemony Snicket “Hurrican Herman’
    “Boo!” Music Junkies
    Rat Race “Bike Dykes”
    Wallace & Gromit ‘Brainwash & Go”

“Night At The Mausoleum” Immediate Music
    “Hellboy II Titles” Danny Elfman
    “The Guardian (No Vox)” X-Ray Dog Music
    “Cirque de Loco” X-Ray Dog Music (also used on the website)

the only thing missing is still the clock ticking at the superbowl trailer .(

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.